With his mysterious public image and his breathtaking performances, English actor Christian Bale is truly unique in Hollywood. Through his work with some of the greatest names in the movie industry, Bale has achieved a consistently successful career. In American Psycho, Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy, The Fighter, 3:10 to Yuma, The Machinist and much more… This list of motivational Christian Bale quotes will give you the fuel to face the challenges in front of you.
Born Christian Charles Philip Bale in Pembrokeshire, UK on January 30, 1974, he first acted in a cereal commercial in 1983. His performance in the NBC mini-series Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna (1986) impressed Steven Spielberg. This led to Christian Bale‘s first big role in the coming of age drama Empire of the Sun (1987). For his wide range of emotional expression, he earned a special award for Best Performance by a Juvenile Actor.
What I admire most about Christian Bale is his willingness to transform himself for his roles. This includes losing and then re-gaining an impressive amount of weight very quickly. That’s serious commitment, and it’s what separates the merely competent from the truly great.
Having acted in multiple commercial and critical hits, Bale won his first Oscar for his performancein The Fighter (2011), for Best Supporting Actor. As of March 2018, his net worth stands at $80 million.
With all his great roles on screen, we tend to forget Christian Bale‘s philanthropic work. He has devoted time and resources to charities such as Greenpeace and the World Wildlife Foundation in his attempt to make the world better.
If you want to be able to commit as seriously as him to your goals and dreams, you’ve got to check out our collection of the 24 most motivating Christian Bale quotes:
24 Meaningful Christian Bale Quotes
- “The art of survival is a story that never ends.”– Christian Bale
- “I think trying too hard to be sexy is the worst thing in the world a woman can do.”– Christian Bale
- “Whatever you do, do it completely. Don’t do it half-arsed. Do it more than anybody else would.”– Christian Bale
- “I’ve had some painful experiences in my life, but I feel like I’m trivializing them by using them for a scene in a movie. I don’t want to do that. It just makes me feel kind of dirty for having done that.”– Christian Bale
- “If you’re doing your job properly, you take the risk of feeling slightly foolish and delve in and bring out the emotions.”– Christian Bale
- “I tend to think you’re fearless when you recognize why you should be scared of things, but do them anyway.” – Christian Bale Quotes
- “It’s got to do with putting yourself in other people’s shoes and seeing how far you can come to truly understand them. I like the empathy that comes from acting.”–Christian Bale
- “I went backwards and forwards over it until I was 22. And then in the past few years I began to say to myself, OK, look, I’m not messing around. This is something I want to attack, instead of thinking, I’ll just see what happens with it.”– Christian Bale
- “I have a fear of being boring.”– Christian Bale
- “All I’ve ever ended up with in terms of achievements is the movie, some really stupid anecdotes, a bunch of crosswords that I didn’t finish and maybe some old bicycle that I found lying around on set.”– Christian Bale
- “It was a great honor to be called a mo-fo by Sam Jackson.”– Christian Bale
- “But I learned that there’s a certain character that can be built from embarrassing yourself endlessly. If you can sit happy with embarrassment, there’s not much else that can really get to ya.”– Christian Bale
- “I do like taking stuff seriously that a lot of people look at as nonsense. I enjoy the insanity of that. And I like the commitment that is needed for that.”– Christian Bale
- “I never want to feel that I’m playing it safe.”– Christian Bale
- “It’s about pursuing it rather than waiting to see what comes along. That’s partly because I found myself getting typecast, as everyone does unless they pursue roles that are very different from what they’ve done before.” – Christian Bale
- “It’s not who I am underneath but what I do that defines me.” – Christian Bale
- “I find what I do for a living really funny. I mean, acting is kind of a hilarious thing for a grown man to call a job.”– Christian Bale
- “We’re all conning ourselves, one way or another, just to get through life.”– Christian Bale Quotes
- “And I not only inherited an aversion to the nine-to-five routine, but the sense from my parents that being bored and boring is the worst thing that you can be.”– Christian Bale
- “I never, in any city I’ve ever been in, never remember the names of streets. The longest place I ever lived in was for five years and I didn’t know the name of the next street over.”– Christian Bale
- “I have this theory that, depending on your attitude, your life doesn’t have to become this ridiculous charade that it seems so many people end up living.”– Christian Bale
- “All of the muscles were gone, so that was a real tough time of rebuilding all of that. But you have a deadline, you have an obligation. You’ve said that you will commit to this part, and I just can’t live with myself for not really giving it as much as I can.”– Christian Bale
- “One of the places where we lived when I was growing up had this big wood out the back. And starting when I was about 8, I used to enjoy just walking alone through the wood late. Eleven p.m. Midnight. Later.”– Christian Bale
- “For me, I think the harder the shoot, the more I feel like I’m enjoying myself.”– Christian Bale